promote happiness, and encourage healthy living.
1.Start the day in a positive way. Find one thing to be happy about — it may be the aroma of your morning coffee, some favorite music, or the unconditional love of a pet.
2. Practice gratitude. Take a moment each day to express
gratitude for something or someone in your life. Even better,
share it with that person. Now you’ve made your day and theirs!
3. Exercise. Endorphins released through exercise are accompanied by a positive and energizing outlook.
4. Do something you love to do. Add a pleasing activity or two to your daily routine, something for the body, mind, or spirit.
5. Look on the bright side. Your thoughts about events in your life affect your feelings about them. Switch your thoughts to a more positive track and your feelings will follow.
6. Try an affirmation a day. Short, inspirational phrases spoken to yourself can have a profound effect on the way you feel about yourself. Some examples: I am strong. I am healthy. I am beautiful. I am in control of my life.
7. Seek out positive people. Your newfound optimism will make you attractive to others. Now surround yourself with like-minded people.
8. Let go of the past. Holding on to bitter feelings drains us of positive emotional energy. Forgive yourself as well as others. Acknowledge what has happened and move on.
9. Get to know yourself. Focus on who you are rather than on perceptions other people may have of you. Meditation and journaling can help you achieve a greater understanding of yourself.
10. Be a balanced optimist. Accept that life throws us curves and feel confident that you can successfully handle whatever comes your way.