Good Food = Good Energy
Fuel your body with healthy picks from experts.
- Blueberries: They're packed with antioxidants that boost brain cells and help keep memory sharp, research shows. Toss a half cup onto your cereal.
- Apples: Their high fiber content means they deliver steady energy. "Apples also help prevent dehydration," says Dawn Jackson Blatner, RD, a dietitian in Chicago.
- Fish: "The omega-3 fatty acids in oily fish such as salmon are linked to improved concentration and memory," says Blatner.
- Spinach: It's brimming with iron, which helps deliver oxygen to your cells. When you're low on this mineral, you'll feel like you're...about...to...crash. Use it in pastas and salads.
- Nuts: Build energy with a daily handful of almonds, hazelnuts, or cashews, all of which contain fatigue-fighting magnesium.